Using my articles
Readers are free to re-post any of the articles which I have authored on this site, provided that they do so in accordance with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. This means that you can share and adapt the articles as long as you attribute the original source, share your version using the same license as the original, and do not use the articles for commercial purposes.
The third-party images used in my articles are either in the public domain or shared under Creative Commons licenses. In either case, I make an effort to attribute these images in the manner specified by their license. If you find that I have omitted relevant information, let me know and I will apply the necessary corrections.
- “View of Vancouver on October 1, 2005.” Authored by Thom Quine. Used under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.
The Intelligent Investor
- Chapter 1: “Five ivory dice.” Authored by Liam Quin. Used under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.
- Chapter 2: “Relief of the coat of arms of Canada on the Bank of Canada Building in Ottawa.” Authored by Colin Rose. Used under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.
- Chapter 3: “Photograph shows stock brokers working at the New York Stock Exchange.” Authored by Thomas J. O’Halloran. This photograph is in the public domain.
- Chapter 4: “1903 stock certificate of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad.” Authored by Wikimedia user JGHowes. This scanned image is in the public domain.
- Chapter 5: “Example of an Allied Paper Corporation Stock Certificate. This corporation ceased to exist in 1967 so this certificate issued in 1966 is one of the last ones.” Authored by Wikipedia user JMWinkworth. This photograph is in the public domain.
- Chapter 6: “Oregon and Transcontinental stock certificate owned by Henry Villard.” Uploaded to Wikipedia by user SDC. Originally uploaded on February 27th, 2006. Transferred to Wikimedia Commons by user Billinghurst. This scanned image is in the public domain.
- Chapter 7: “Dow Jones Industrial Average from December 1789 to August 2012 (monthly closings).” Authored by Wikimedia user Jashuah. Used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
- Chapter 8: “NASDAQ studio.” Authored by Luis Villa del Campo. Used under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.
- Chapter 10: “City Bank Building NY Wall St.” Authored by Jared Kofsky. Used under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.
- Chapter 11: “Analyzing Financial Data.” Authored by Dave Dugdale. Used under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license.
- Chapter 12: “Tokyo Stock Exchange: Trading at the Tokyo Stock Exchange reflects Japan’s rising level of economic activity.” Authored by the US Army. This photograph is in the public domain.